Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Post: The first

Well first post, Hi all. No training or school today as I am home with tonsillitis :(  Still getting over the aches and pains associated with the first two weeks BJJ training on a 30 year old body.
In the past two weeks I have been trying to soak up as much as possible and "be an empty cup". My main focus at this stage has been on escapes. I am constantly finding myself on the bottom and in uncomfortable situations. I guess this is all part of being a new white belt.
I am trying to remind myself not to muscle everything and use technique over strength, but this is difficult when you don't really know a whole lot of technique!
I have been trying to train when I can, which is at lunchtime, and about 3-4 days a week, which means I have been working hard to get my gi, cleaned and dry for the next day training. I went shopping around to find a 2nd gi, but had a nice Keiko Raca lined up for $250, but at this stage I can't justify spending that much, so I picked up a used Atama from a guy at a class I go to for $100, it still has a bit of life left in it so should serve me well as a spare.

Well, back to the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment